Before Winter begins, check out the insulation in your attic using the helpful video from Energystar.gov above. The best indication that your house need upgraded insulation is to look at your roof after a heavy snow fall. If parts of your roof are exposed, as opposed to being covered in snow, this can be an indication of heat loss. Vaughan HVAC offers Insulation services independently or in conjunction with the Home Performance with Energy Star Program. Contact us today to request a no cost estimate or energy assessment!
Learn how to measure insulation in your attic; proper attic insulation in your home will save money, save energy, make your home more comfortable, and reduce the emissions that contribute to climate change. Get more attic insulation tips at http://www.energystar.gov/ruleyourattic.
The first step is to determine if your attic has proper insulation R-value for where you live; start by measuring your attic insulation levels — in general, if you can see your joists, you need more insulation. With the right information and a quick look around your attic you’ll be able to make energy efficient improvements that help improve the energy efficiency of your home. Adding insulation to the attic is generally a moderately difficult do it yourself (DIY) project, but the benefits can be substantial.
Here are the steps for measuring your attic insulation level:
1. Insert a ruler or a yardstick into your insulation, record the depth
2. If the insulation is uneven across the attic, take multiple measurements and average them
3. Take a photo of your attic insulation levels for your records and we’d love for you to share them with us at on social media (see below for links)
4. Determine how much R-value and insulation you need for where you live: https://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?…
5. Still want to know more on how to measure your attic insulation and want some personal instruction, learn more from ENERGY STAR’s Doug Anderson in this video: https://youtu.be/1i1vEkPz27E?list=PLM…
We are pleased to announce that Vaughan has a new website! After all most a year in the making, its finally here!
Your customer account is easily accessible through that light blue button in the upper right hand corner (labeled ‘My Account’). Please check our new FAQ section, full listing of Payment Options (including Financing), latest testimonials from Our Customers, new photos of Our Team and Rebates.
I would like to personally thank our fabulous web designer Miles McIlhargie for all of his hard work, we couldn’t be more pleased. Thanks to newmedia for your fantastic wordpress coding skills. Lastly, thank you to Matt Godfrey and company for our lovely team photos. We wanted a site with real photos and you delivered. Not one of our team members is photographed wearing a headset or a fake smile. Welcome to the new Vaughan HVAC, what you see is what you get!
NJ LIC. NO.13VH01727600
Robert W. Vaughan,
Master HVACR Contractor Lic. # 5842
Thomas J. Weaver,
Master Plumber Lic # 9521